Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Information
Each of Canada’s provinces has developed its own Provincial Nominee Program with various options for Canada immigration for individuals looking to immigrate and settle in a specific province in Canada. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is designed for skilled workers and business people who are looking to settle in the province of Manitoba. This provincial program accelerates the immigration process by providing eligible applicants with a Nomination Certificate that allows for faster processing of the application for permanent resident status. The province of Manitoba selects its nominees based on their connection to the province and their ability to establish and maintain a career, a family and build a life in Manitoba.
Manitoba has re-designed and improved the process of applying for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program in an ongoing effort to promote economic growth within the province. Skilled workers may be eligible to apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee program as long as you meet the requirements of one of the four available categories of the program.
- You are currently working in Manitoba as a temporary foreign worker with a valid temporary work permit and have been working for at least six months.
- You are an international student and have graduated from a publicly funded Manitoba post-secondary institution in at least a one-year program for which you received a certificate, diploma or degree, you have an offer of a long-term, full-time job from a Manitoba employer and have been working in that job at least six (6) months with a valid post-graduation work permit.
- You have been invited to apply under a Strategic Initiative (skilled workers interviewed by the MPNP at events such as overseas employment and immigration, or people who have made a pre-approved exploratory visit to Manitoba and had an interview with a MPNP officer, or international students eligible to graduate from a program of study of at least two years are invited to apply after registering for Manitoba Immigration’s employment readiness program).
- You have a strong connection to Manitoba through having family who live in the province and you meet the following five factors:
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program – Business Persons and Farm Owners
In addition to the above categories, Manitoba also welcomes business persons or farm owners to apply for immigration to Manitoba. To apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program as a business person or farm owner, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Have a minimum net worth of $350,000.
- Demonstrate that you have owned or managed a farm for a minimum of 3 years.
- Conduct an Exploratory Visit to Manitoba to be able to provide documented assessment of business opportunities in Manitoba and general knowledge of the province.
- Must reside in Manitoba along with your dependent family members.
Applicants who have received nomination certificates from Manitoba must make a $75,000 deposit to the Government of Manitoba, guaranteeing that they will live in Manitoba and start or purchase a business or farm in Manitoba within two (2) years of obtaining permanent resident status and landing in Manitoba. The deposit is refunded without interest when the investment described in your application is made, your business or farm is operational and you are established in Manitoba.
Applicants for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program must show that they will be an asset to Canada and will actively and continuously aid in the growth of the economy and the creation of jobs for Canadians. You must also be able to prove that you have the tools to succeed as a citizen of Manitoba; having strong ties to the community is essential to your success and adaptability in the province of Manitoba. Keep in mind that meeting the basic requirements for the program does not guarantee you approval into the program. The process of applying for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program varies depending on your current situation and status as well as many other important details. As every situation is different, it is important to assess your individual needs and responsibilities on a case-by case-basis before deciding which immigration option is best for you and your family
Our certified immigration consultants can assist you with all of your Canada immigration or visa needs. Call us today for answers to any of your Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program questions or take our free assessment to see if you qualify to apply for any of the available streams of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.